Chocolate Coconut Balls
These dark chocolate coconut balls look like cute truffles.
You can coat or garnish with ingredients of your choice of sprinkles, coconut, or Gurley's chopped nuts.
- 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1-3/4 cups Gurley’s flake coconut
- 1 cup Gurley’s sliced almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups Gurley’s semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- In a large bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, coconut, almonds and milk.
- Shape into 1-in. balls.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 20 minutes.
- In a microwave, melt semisweet chips and shortening on high for about 1 minute; stir.
- Microwave additional 15 second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Dip balls in chocolate; allow excess to drip off.
- Garnish with Gurley's coconut.
- Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
- Store in an airtight container.