Gurley’s Butterscotch Betweens
Try this rich and delicious butterscotch bar recipe. It’s quick and easy, and a party favorite – for adults and children. People are sure to ask you to bring this desert favorite.
Gurley's Butterscotch Betweens
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup quick oatmeal
- 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup Gurley's Butterscotch Chips
- 2/3 cup Gurley's Flaked Coconut, packed
- 1/2 cup Gurley's Chopped Walnuts or Chopped Pecans (optional)
- Preheat Oven to 350º.
- Cream butter with sugar and salt.
- Blend in flour and oatmeal until particles are fine
- Press two-thirds of this mixture into greased 9x13-inch pan
- Heat condensed milk in saucepan (don't boil).
- Stir in Gurley's Butterscotch Chips, Coconut, and Nuts.
- Stir for 15 seconds and spread evenly in pan.
- Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture and pack down tightly.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Cut into 1 1/2 inch squares