Easy to make and on another level over store bought. Customize it to you and your families tastes.
- 10 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup ground flax seeds
- 2 cups flake coconut
- 2 cups raw sunflower seeds
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 3 cups Gurley's whole almonds, pecans, walnuts or a combination of each
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 ½ cup water
- 1 ½ cups vegetable oil
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup molasses
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- Raisins or other dried fruits as desired
- Preheat oven to 300° F.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, wheat germ, flax seed, coconut, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, and nuts. Mix well.
- In a large saucepan, combine brown sugar, water, oil, honey, molasses, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla. Heat until sugar is dissolved, but do not boil.
- Pour syrup over dry ingredients and stir until well-coated.
- Spread evenly on five 9X13 pans.
- Bake 20 minutes and stir. Bake another 20 minutes and remove from the oven. (Bake longer for crunchier texture.) Cool.
- Add raisins or other dried fruit.
- Store in airtight containers in a cool, dry place.