Hot Pecan Beef Dip
This is a winner at church events and company parties. A delicious dip with chipped beef, scallions, and cream cheese topped with buttered pecans. Yum!
You can also spoon into a small crock pot and cook on low for 2 hours.
Serve with crackers or pita chips.
- 1 bag of Gurley’s chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (3 ounces) dried beef, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- Assorted crackers or pita chips
- In a small skillet, sauté pecans in butter until toasted; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth.
- Add the sour cream, garlic powder and pepper; mix well.
- Stir in the beef, onion and green pepper.
- Spoon into a greased shallow 3-cup baking dish.
- Sprinkle with toasted pecans.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.