Great summer salad for lunch or dinner. Just add cooked chicken for a complete and healthy meal.
- 4 c. spinach or romaine, well washed and drained
- 1 c. celery, thinly sliced
- 1 c. oranges, sliced
- 1 c. strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 c. Gurley’s Walnuts
- Toss with raspberry vinaigrette dressing (below). Add 2 cups cooked chicken for a delicious main dish salad.
- Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing:
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 c. olive oil (or canola)
- 1/4 c. raspberry vinegar
- Place salt, pepper, mustard and a few drops of oil and blend with whisk until smooth.
- Continue adding vinegar and oil gradually, whisking until smooth.
- Store in covered jar in refrigerator.
- Makes 1 1/2 cups.