Pignoli & Pasta
The secret to the rich flavor of this pasta begins and ends with incredible flavor of roasted Gurley’s pine nuts. Customer Dave P. provided this recipe that is a winner!
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 3 fluid ounces olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2oz. pkg. Gurley’s Pine Nuts
- 15 ounces black or Kalamata olives, sliced
- 3 Tbsp capers, rinsed, minced
- 1 Tbsp basil, minced
- 1 Tsp oregano, minced
- 1 Tsp parsley, minced
- 1 pound pasta, any shape
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, ground, to taste
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated
- Combine the butter with the olive oil and heat over medium heat in a large sauté pan.
- Add the garlic and pine nuts.
- Reduce heat to low and cook until the nuts are lightly roasted.
- Add the olives, capers, basil, oregano and parsley.
- Toss until heated through.
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepot of boiling salted water until al dente.
- Drain well.
- Toss the pasta with the nut-olive mixture over medium heat until the products are incorporated and heated thoroughly.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle each portion with grated Parmesan cheese.