This moist, quick pumpkin bread is made from canned pumpkin, resulting in a stronger pumpkin taste. Of course Gurley’s Walnuts give it that final taste of the Harvest Season.
Excellent served warm with some vanilla ice cream on the side.
- 1-15 oz canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups of white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups + 1 tbsp of flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 cup Gurley’s Walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin, oil, eggs, and sugar.
- Combine the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger.
- Stir into the pumpkin mixture until well combined, fold in walnuts.
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan.
- Bake in the oven for 55-65 minutes or until a tester comes out clean when inserted into the center of the loaf.