Fresh Apple Cake
This apple cake gets better the second day, when the apples’ juices seep into the cake. The apple cake, a winner here at Gurley’s all year long.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups oil
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups apples, chopped
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup Gurley’s Chopped Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix sugar and oil then beat in eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Blend slowly into first mixture.
- Fold in apples and walnuts (prior to mixing, look through walnuts for possible shells and discard if found).
- Pour into a greased 9” x 13” pan.
- Bake 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.